Amelia Lily gets X Factor boot

« Older   Newer »
smileyna
CAT_IMG Posted on 11/12/2011, 18:52

The remaining two contestants will face off against each other in tonight's finale in Wembley Arena.

Axed Amelia, 17, told host Dermot O'Leary that it had been the most amazing night of her life.

She added: "The best moment was performing on this stage with Miss Kelly Rowland."

The pink-haired pop wannabe performed Ike & Tina Turner's River Deep — Mountain High with the Destiny's Child star.

Show supremo Simon Cowell gave his views in a Skype chat from the US, saying: "I thought Amelia sang really well, better than I've heard her before."

And he told Xtra Factor hosts Caroline Flack and Olly Murs that it was one of the best finals that he'd seen — even though he wasn't on the panel.

He said: "It really made me miss being back in England. It was absolutely amazing."

The music mogul said he was backing the group mentored by Tulisa Contostavlos to win the competition, saying that they stole the show and he felt that something special was happening with the band.

Jade Thirlwall, 18, Leigh-Anne Pinnock, 20, Jesy Nelson, 20, and Perrie Edwards, 18, remain the bookies' favourite to take the title.

Simon said: "I think tomorrow's show with Marcus and Little Mix is going to be sensational."

Former X Factor contestants JLS said that they had backed the girls since the beginning of the series - but also tipped Amelia to have a long singing career, likening to her to a "young Christina Aguilera".

The contestants joined forces to open the show with an electrifying performance of Take That's Greatest Day, made even more spectacular by the team of backing dancers holding burning torches.

Scouse crooner Marcus Collins, 23, was the first act of the night to perform individually, donning a trademark slick suit for his version of Outkast's Hey Ya!

The former hairdresser was joined by a team of dancers dressed as air hostesses for his performance - and even an enormous JUMBO JET prop.

Louis Walsh declared the former hairdresser: "A born pop star!" while Tulisa added: "Marcus - you did it! You made it to the final!

"Enjoy every moment of this, because you deserve it."

A behind-the-scenes VT showed that Marcus's brother had shaved 'Marcus' and the X Factor logo into the back of his head.

The triumphant singer told Dermot: "My dreams are coming true tonight, and you guys have made it happen."

A rock-themed Little Mix took to the stage on motorbikes, wearing ripped denim for their first song, You Got The Love.

The show favourites opened up with an army-style chant before tearing into the Candi Staton classic.

An impressed Louis Walsh declared: "I love everything about you: the voice, the chemistry, the energy - everything!"

Kelly was even more enthusiastic, saying: "I am so happy for you, and I want you to take in this moment and get used to it - because you are something incredibly special."

And Little Mix mentor Tulisa was overcome by the performance, saying: "I am so proud of you, I'm actually lost for words.

"You got yourselves here, and Little Mix fans got you here - lets hope they take you all the way!"

Amelia Lily took to the stage for her performance of Christina Aguilera's Ain't No Other Man wearing a pink prom dress with a cinched-in waist, which perfectly matched her dyed locks .

The 17-year-old didn't disappoint the judges, with Louis gushing: "Vocally, you are an amazing popstar" while Tulisa agreed: "You came back, you sang on par with everyone else, and look where you are."

Marcus continued to impress in the second half of the show, teaming up with mentor Gary Barlow to cover Billy Joel's She's Always A Woman.

But Little Mix dazzled the crowds with their own duet, showing obvious chemistry with Tulisa as they performed a 'mash-up' of Empire State Of Mind and If I Ain't Got You by Alicia Keys.

Music Mogul Cowell posted online: "Thought @TheXFactor UK looked amazing. I think a group may win for the first time ever ... and I think @officialtulisa should be a permanent 5th member!"

0 replies since 11/12/2011, 18:52   72 views