Mix girls are our Little superstars

« Older   Newer »
smileyna
CAT_IMG Posted on 11/12/2011, 18:46

WHEN Jade Thirlwall announced she was going to audition for The X Factor for a third time, her mum begged her not to do it.

Mum Norma, 46, admitted: "She had auditioned twice.

"She got to boot camp the second time but was only 15 and too young really.

"I was worried about rejection when she said she wanted to audition for a third time.

"The first two times were so stressful. I didn't know if she, or even I, could bear to go through it again.

"But she begged me saying, 'Mum, it's something I have to do. I've got to get it out of my system.'

"Thank God I let her!"

Jade, 18, from South Shields, knows what being an X Factor winner will do to her life — one of her best friends is Joe McElderry who won the show in 2009.

Norma said: "She's been singing longer than he has! They used to duet together.

"Jade would be doing a gig and she'd invite Joe up to sing with her.

"They also appeared at festivals and charity gigs together.

"He's been so excited by how far she's got in the competition.

"He's been giving her tips and supporting her. They speak on the phone and text each other a great deal.

"There was a surprise party after boot camp and he came to see her." Despite her daughter having a residency at a piano lounge, Norma said she feared Jade would never make the big time because she suffered from stage fright so badly.

She said: "She can be physically sick with it.

"She's had to have hypnotherapy in the past.

"But being in the group has really helped her nerves."

Like Perrie Edwards, Jade was planning to go to university after getting an amazing 15 GCSEs.

Norma said: "She's a really bright girl.

"She's a golden child. If she fell in a river she'd come out with a salmon in her mouth."

All the X Factor finalists' mums were treated to an M&S makeover.

0 replies since 11/12/2011, 18:46   37 views