X Factor Perrie dumped me, Ex's pain as Little Mix star Edwards dates One Direction's Zayn Malik

« Older   Newer »
smileyna
CAT_IMG Posted on 11/12/2011, 18:38

THE ex-boyfriend of X Factor star Perrie Edwards told yesterday of his devastation after she dumped him and hooked up with One Direction's Zayn Malik.

Adam Wright was gutted after the Little Mix singer ended their 18-month relationship by text as her career took off.

The sixth-form student told The Sun: "My mates used to wind me up that she would dump me for a pop star.

"I would say no she won't, Perrie's not like that — but that's exactly what she did. X Factor changed her."

And talking about Perrie's new relationship with Zayn, 18, Adam said: "The first I knew about it was when I woke up one day and there were about six texts from mates, saying, 'Have you seen the papers?'

"I didn't believe it, but when I read it was true I was jealous as I still had feelings for her."

Adam revealed the couple, both 18, were "very much in love" when Perrie began chasing her dream of winning the ITV1 show and becoming a pop star.

She didn't tell him she was applying but sent him a picture message of the notice telling her she'd got through the auditions.

Adam went with her when she performed in front of the judges for the first time and "blew everyone out of the water" with her version of Beyonce's Ave Maria.

Adam, who met Perrie at a mutual pal's party, explained: "She got four yes votes. She came off and we were screaming and shouting and I just jumped on her.

"It took a while for it to sink in but then it hit her — she said, 'Gary Barlow loves me'."

Everything was "perfect" for the couple at that stage, and Perrie was a regular visitor to Adam's parents Dave and Gail's council house in South Shields, Tyne and Wear.

Adam said: "Things were great between us. I was smitten and we were just really happy together."

But a short while later Perrie was whisked off to Boot Camp — and the first cracks began to appear in their relationship.

Adam said: "It had crossed my mind that it might become difficult because we were speaking less.

"I felt pushed aside. It wasn't on purpose, she was just really busy.

"She came home between Boot Camp and the judges' house stage and I saw her as much as I could.

"I joked with her not to forget me when she was rich and famous and she reassured me that she wouldn't leave me."

But things soon got worse when Perrie went off to judges' house.

Adam said: "I only spoke to her twice all the time she was there.

"She came home for a visit in between that stage and the live shows — that's the last time I saw her properly. She was busy with everyone wanting to talk to her.

"I was gutted I couldn't speak to my own girlfriend and I knew then that it was changing forever."

The couple hardly spoke after she returned to London and Adam reluctantly suggested they had a break.

Perrie insisted she wanted to make a go of it — but a few days later in late October she texted him to tell him it was over.

Heartbroken Adam said: "I was gutted, I'd lost the girl I loved. But I know it was for the best.

"She had to concentrate on X Factor. When I see her on TV it's not as painful as I thought it would be."

And Adam admitted he'll be cheering for Perrie tomorrow.

He added: "We're still good friends. Little Mix are all brilliant singers and I'm backing them all the way."

0 replies since 11/12/2011, 18:38   43 views